BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT GREECE IS LOOKING FOR A BRAND ACTIVATION EXECUTIVE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced professional
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Athens, Greece
British American Tobacco Hellas is looking for a passionate, highly motivated Brand Activation Executive with a positive and can-do attitude, to join our Marketing department, based in Athens.
We build distinctive brands and new products that excite our consumers and satisfy their needs in a highly complex and competitive retail environment, thus, by coming on board, you’ll be equally excited by the opportunities and excellent rewards of overcoming challenges and meeting your full potential.
Reports to: Brand Activation Manager
Geographic Scope: Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Israel
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- As a Brand Activation Executive for the cluster of Greece, Malta, Cyprus and Israel in British American Tobacco, you’ll be responsible to support the Brand Activation Manager in the development of 360 brand activation strategies across the cluster, defining relevant target audience and implementing supporting activities, online and offline.
- You will be leading fully projects from idea to implementation, using consumer relevant insights, latest marketing capabilities in online and offline environment. Speed and on time and in full delivery will be your biggest challenges in a turbulent FMCG environment.
- You’ll need to be a strong self-starter, be willing to take responsibility and enjoy getting things done in a pressured environment. Substantial coaching, on-the-job and functional training will be provided as part of a clearly defined development plan with tasks being assigned in line with your competence and development needs.
- You will need to have eye for detail, combining international marketing principles and local needs, while respecting country legislation, promoting the product responsibly to adult smokers and alternative to tobacco / nicotine users.
- Assist the Brand Activation Manager in developing and implementing brand plans to meet brand objectives and strategies while being fully autonomous on bringing solid proposals and ensuring top quality implementation
- Ensure a solid implementation plan of new launches in focus/cluster markets.
- Drive ATL (where legally allowed) activities and managing local partners to ensure efficiencies on Investment.
- Manage local 121 activities in collaboration with agency partners, committing to annual KPIs from Contact to Sale. Employ consumer dialogue principles as the key route to the consumer
- Collaborate with local teams, to implement marketing campaigns through effective POP communication and key initiatives/projects
- Plan and budget campaigns and activities, timelines, channel allocation and execution
- Differentiate marketing activities according to consumers’ disposition towards the brands. Analyze FMCG best practices and apply when feasible.
- Promote fact-based decision making through data-analysis, reporting and providing sound recommendations.
- Apply best practice in brand management to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor the implementation and results of operational brand plans and recommend changes to brand programs.
- Monitor and report brand expenditure to ensure it budget management and resource allocation.
- Top line event management and execution with innovative and interactive mechanisms to drive brand awareness and sale.
- Coordinate with Area team to ensure full compliance on brand guidelines, always achieving local relevance.
- Regular market visits and understanding of competitive environment
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- You are a fluent user of English and native in Greek
- You are an advanced user of MS Office
- You have SAP and invoicing processes (PRs/POs) experience
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- You have 3 years of experience in Marketing area or in Brand activation department
- Creative thinking & Strong analytical skills
- Digital Savvy, experience with websites will be considered a plus
- Good negotiator, manage efficiently resources and coordinate agencies on budget spends
- Ability to think and act independently
- Be involved and drive local sponsorships and events
- Experience with SAP and invoicing processes (PRs/POs)
- Ability to deal with both internal and external partners and to lead partners from different end markets
- Commercial approach to all activities
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 52,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!