BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Global Graduate
FUNCTION: Leaf Operations
SALARY RANGE: Competitive Salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Flexible location
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Our approach to your early training and career development, through the Global Graduate Programme, reflects our recognition that getting the right start is crucial to building a successful career. This programme provides a foundation for your functional, managerial skills and business awareness development. This programme prepares you for a management role in just 18 months. That means global thinking, non-stop networking and, ultimately, the opportunity to become an outstanding leader in a world-class business entity. As a Global Graduate in Leaf you will have to execute the Area/Regional leaf operations plan that meets the extention, volume & quality objectives by building effective partnership with registered farmers in order to ensure buying only the supervised run of crop effectively & efficiently.
It's a 18 months, fast-track development programme to a management job for high potential fresh graduates and upbeat individuals. The aim of the programme is to raise future leaders of BAT Leaf Operations Team.
Reports to: Leaf Operations Manager
Reporting Level: Senior Level
Geographic Scope: Bangladesh
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Work closely with various sub-functions and understand business priorities to develop and execute accordingly appropriate engagement strategy and plan.
- Contribute to developing and executing campaign plans relating to various functional/sub-functional topics
- Anticipate the direction and implications of regulatory developments and contribute to the availability of regulatory solutions ahead of time.
- Strategic stretch project where through collaboration with the team, you will deliver results for their relevant sub-function (s)
- Build a network with GGs from different parts of the world through taking part in BAT Grad Academy
- Build an impact on our international business participating in global cross-market projects, under the supervision of a dedicated Coach & Mentor.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- It's tough. It's fast-paced. And it'll stretch one to the limit. The only question is: are you up to the challenge?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Engineering/Life science (Agriculture, Biochemistry, Forestry, Environmental Science, Soil Science, etc.) students from public/private university
- Must complete at least 7th semester (1 semester pending to graduate)
- Candidates up to 2 years of experience can also apply
- Strong interpersonal, team building and negotiation skills
- Active involvement in extra-curricular activities now or during student life
- Upbeat, self-motivated, result-driven, highly adaptable, and able to work independently
- Strong analytical skills with drive and ambition; is internationally and nationally mobile
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!