BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT COLOMBIA IS SEARCHING FOR A TAX MANAGER - BOGOTA
JOB TITLE: Tax Manager
SUB FUNCTION: Finance – Corporate Tax
CITY & COUNTRY: Bogota, Colombia
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
To ensure accurate tax management across LANCAR Markets
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Keep up to date with tax law translated tax implications into the Business
Reports to: Tax Manager LANcar
Core Relationships: Internal – ALL Finance Areas
External – Cross-functional Functions
- Provide proactive support to implement opportunities for enhancing tax management effectiveness, optimizing tax cash flow, and assisting teams in delivering the global tax strategy.
- Advise on specific aspects of tax accounting, tax compliance, tax advisory and tax management, and financial reporting.
- Dealing with both direct and indirect tax audits and providing support to tax aspects of statutory audits, Knowledge about Electronic invoices.
- Deferred and Current Tax Reporting, Cash Flow Tax Process
- Build and maintain a tax-efficient and compliant structure regarding inter-company transactions and charges.
- Review the tax compliance (Direct and indirect declarations, Reports to DIAN (Medios, etc)
- Keep up to date with tax law and translated tax implications of the changes into business impacts and required actions.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Fluent English: written and speaking. (Advanced)
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, SAP, BI reporting
- Intercultural competencies from different industries experiences or personal backgrounds.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Capable to understand and analyzing impacts of business decisions on financial results
- Have strong analytical and numerical skills
- Very good communication skills, organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and able to work with tight deadlines
- Proactive and willing to continuous development
- Be an inspiring and engaging individual capable to influence different areas
- Be driven and ambitious
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Minimum 8+ years experience in Tax
- Degree educated with relevant professional accountancy – post grade / Public accounting / Finance/tax qualification
- Effective working relationships with tax authorities
- 360° Business Knowledge
- Competitive compensation package
- Great development and growing career opportunities
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!