BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The BO Assistant Manager will be involved in overseeing the teams performing the payments within RtP processes and ensuring the right level of quality and accurate completion of services and key performance indicators (KPIs), as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
The BO Assistant Manager, directly managing the payments team, ensures that all payments, external and internal, are performed accurately, in time, aligned to our internal and Sox controls, respecting the various international sanctions policies and as per the defined calendar specific for each company code.
Banking Operations Manager
Number of Direct Reports
7 - 12
Internal –AP, EM stakeholders, BCT, Compliance, BOC, ITD, GTO, AR, EDM, BSC
External – Suppliers, TCS, External banking service providers (Finastra, global and local banks)
- Ensure and manage all standard, manual, and emergency payments are performed accurate, within Global Sanctions guidelines and as per the calendar defined at regional/DRBU/CoCode level from SAP and/or bank platforms.
- Drive together with the EM representatives the continuous improvement agenda (e.g: remove process deviation, reduction of manual/emergency payments)
- Report and review of monthly Banking Operations KPI’s, making sure that any anomalies have been addressed
- Support in an active manner the Global Process Standardization, by regularly reviewing the standard process deviation and implement the simplification agenda.
- Ensure the best-in-class KPI delivery is enabled by implementing and applying payments best practices (warehousing, SCF, auto scheduled payment runs, etc)
- Regular review and update of the Board Resolution with the aim of ensuring sufficient payment approvers at DBS Level
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly controls and reports are completed, reviewed, and signed off as per the agreed schedule.
- Drive an efficient escalation process to support the timely resolution for incidents raised.
Given that only the major responsibilities are stipulated in the above paragraphs, the incumbent has the obligation to fulfil any other responsibilities entrusted to him by the higher hierarchical levels
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in Finance & Accounting in a multinational corporation
- Knowledge of English at an advanced level (second language is a plus)
- Excellent leadership and management skills (e.g. planning, organisation, direction of employees)
- Excellent counselling, coaching skills and ability to motivate and cultivate teamwork
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to establish and leverage trusted relationship with business stakeholders
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Monitor resource utilization and ensure that resource allocation is being managed effectively enabling the team to meet the ambition of deliverables in alignment with the company strategy
- Set clear annual performance objectives for direct reports and carry out performance reviews against the objectives as per the agreed schedule, ensuring that the team have clear direction and know what is expected of them.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with key contacts in end markets, BCT, Compliance, TCS, Treasury, External Banks and other DBS Functions as key stakeholder.
- Supervising on a daily basis that all the payments are done in a timely and accurate manner, with no wrong or missed payments
- Ensuring all the controls are adhered, eliminate risks to sanction/penalties
- Ensuring all BAU activities are done accurate and within agreed SLA’s
- Drive standardization and productivity improvement within the team
- Good knowledge of accounting and inter-dependencies between processes (e.g: AP, AR, P&L Cash flow, Treasury)
- Understanding the PtP process and AP - BO systems SAP, Eflow, Cherwell, Bank Platforms
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with specialization in Finance
- Have a good understanding of tobacco business and BAT processes (procurement, distribution, HR, Ops)
- Ability to perform gap analysis and develop process improvement plans (LSS Methodology)
- SAP knowledge is an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS Office etc.)
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.