Job Type: Permanent
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Data Scientist in Data & Analytics will lead & deliver projects of Data, Reporting, Visualization & Advanced Analytics as assigned by the Team Manager. In addition, this role is expected to be a specialist in delivering decision science solutions in the marketing domain, especially for the Europe & North Africa region. The projects thus delivered will help the business to take better decisions and bring value for them.
The role holder will have access to the latest, most modern technological platforms (Snowflake, Databricks, DataIku).
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Create / maintain / improve Machine Learning models
- Independently deliver end-to-end D&A solutions / outcomes as per specifications
- Support 2 to 4 projects at a given time
- Engage & manage global partners with the acumen to translate business problems into D&A asks and D&A outcomes to business solutions
- Deliver on assigned monetary value targets (Revenue / EBIDTA / Costs / Cash Flows) by driving implementation of D&A solutions in supported business
- Follow agreed processes to deliver outcomes efficiently & within agreed SLAs with a continuous improvement attitude
- Embody the D&A culture and ways of working and strive to constantly work towards creating a better D&A brand within the company
- Coach junior team members to help them ramp-up into the organization.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Educational qualifications: Graduate in Engineering / Statistics / Economics / Maths / Analytics
- Working experience in Dashboarding / Data Visualization / Advanced Analytics / Modelling / delivery.
- Expertise in the following concepts:
- Price and promotion
- Price optimisation
- Shopper Analytic Solutions
- Trade Promotion Analysis
- Promotion return on investment
- Expert hands-on experience in any of the following areas:
- Fluency and expertise in Python are a must
- Good hold over modelling, AI, ML and other modern techniques
- Basic knowledge of Power BI along with understanding of UI / UX tools
- Experience in Dash/Flask will be preferred
- Experience in Azure
- Experience in Azure cloud, parallel processing will be preferred
- Exposure to RDBMS tools like SQL, Oracle along with SAP will be an added advantage
- Minimum experience of 2 years in managing & engaging global stakeholders independently is a must
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas & solutions is must
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Delivering in ambiguous & dynamic situations as a part of a global multi-functional team by building partnerships & working diplomatically
- Drives innovation & knowledge sharing
- English language proficiency
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.