BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT SOUTH AFRICAIS LOOKING FOR A FINANCE INTERN TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN CAPE TOWN
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
FUNCTION: Corporate Finance & Marketing Finance
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary package
LOCATION: Cape Town, South Africa
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As an organisation with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large company (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
Ready to boost your skills and build a career through unique and practical experiences?
We are glad to introduce our internship programme that is designed for individuals who are looking to work in a dynamic global organization.The programme comprises of functional projects which, you, as an intern will be assigned over a period of 1 year. Along with accomplishing challenging tasks every day, you will receive coaching from your assignment manager through a structured plan and defined set of deliverables, for you to grow both your business and leadership capabilities.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- We expect you to have graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from the University within the last 2 years.
- We are looking for someone driven, ambitious and with a zeal for learning. You will need to have an analytical approach, complimented by excellent organisational and planning skills.
- If you have the talent and expertise to make your mark in a global organisation that thrives on diversity, innovation and a commitment to helping people make the most of their abilities, send through your application!
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
BATSA is an equal opportunity employer who believes in the power of a truly diverse workforce. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups as we aim towards achievement of our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging strategy and Employment Equity plan.
Be vigilant - BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.
For information regarding our privacy practices and how we handle your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice