BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
FUNCTION: LEGAL AND EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
LOCATION: Doha, Qatar
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is responsible for contributing to achieving a sensible regulatory environment with direct focus on the GCC markets as well as providing input, analysis and materials to support engagements by LEX team.
Strategic Scope: Support the implementation of the LEX strategy in the GCC zone as well as driving execution for all relevant regulatory campaign plans.
Reports To: Engagement Manager GCC
Geographic Scope: Middle East Area
Risk Scope: Reputational/regulatory risk
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Assist in the development and implementation of External affairs strategies for a stable, sustainable, and predictable environment for the conventional business and NGP
- Identify challenges and opportunities that could impact the business by supervising and tracking legislative (new laws or law amendment proposals) initiatives that affect or could potentially affect the industry or the company
- Establish and enhance relationships with relevant key external collaborators to maintain and develop communication channels
- Understand and demonstrate the company’s responsible positions on Tobacco harm reduction to build trust and credibility with legislative stakeholders
- Develop and implement initiatives, to raise awareness around company activities in the assigned areas further improving the company’s image in the region
- Liaise and coordinate with tobacco industry representatives, to align on topics of common interest
- Advocate, engage and capture intelligence regarding all tobacco industry-related initiatives
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have a passion for promoting the business and commit to results?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelors/Masters in Law
- Knowledge of the tobacco control issues and deep knowledge of the specific local environment.
- Proper understanding of the external environment from a regulatory, legislative and trading perspective.
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is critical, including speaking, reading and writing
- Credibility and ability to engage and influence external customers.
- Able to deliver robust local campaigns.
- Managers across the GCC Business Unit.
- LEX Team for the GCC and the Middle East
- Relevant external customers operating within government, NGOs, activists, media.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!