BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior
FUNCTION: GBS Finance
LOCATION: Costa Rica
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of the Finance department. In the new world of shared services, bridging the gap between service lines and Finance is key to modern business success. If your goal is to become a valued business partner and provide full support to the End Markets, this position is for you!
As a R2R Transactional Finance Analyst for BASS Americas, you will execute general ledger accounts reconciliations and follow-up on balancing items, perform analysis of balance sheet accounts ensuring accounts are accurate, any suspicious transaction must be investigated and escalated accordingly prepare, perform month-end activities accurately ensuring period is closed as per agreed timetable, prepare recurring and ad-hoc reports as per agreed timeline to allow end markets review and analysis, provide support to audits applying controls effectively by mitigating risks and process daily bank statements and review line items have been recorded correctly in bank accounts, like many other tasks.
Reports to: Transactional Finance Team Lead
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Tasks processed within SLA agreed with end markets.
- KPIs are met and differences are managed effectively.
- Issues are escalated following escalation process.
- Processes are adhered to RACM and Internal Controls.
- Achieved a high degree customer happiness at year end.
- Continuous Improvement initiatives and quantify benefits once implemented.
- Trainings and development plans are reviewed constantly.
- Review performance and people objectives twice a year to develop your business and leadership capabilities.
CRUCIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 1 year of experience in R2R processes as General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation & Fixed Assets
- Shared service center experience
- Medium/Advanced knowledge in transactional platforms (ERP, SAP).
- MS Office, Power BI, Alteryx, UI Path – Medium/Advanced level.
- Able to listen and empathize with the audience.
- Propose new ideas and constantly innovate in the current role.
- Technical Degree in accounting or finance background accounting or business administration
- English – at least B2
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- If you want to grow professionally, the answer is yes.
- Third language (Portuguese).
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of crafting A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most balanced companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.