British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
- Coordinate and support all maintenance activities to ensure smooth running of machines and reduction in downtimes. Devise core crew & ensure deployment of the same on the machine to facilitate maintenance related activities. Provide full support to maintenance team to ensure timely completion of maintenance activities.
- Effective deployment of core crew as per agreed crewing pattern on the machines to get the desired output.
- Create PM Cards for the shift as per IWS process.
- Provide prompt feedback regarding machines’ performance to IWS/Technical teams.
- Coach and develop EOs and encourage multiskilling in shift.
- Support execution of personnel systems to grow capability of EOs (skill blocks, IDP’s, team skill matrix, training plan, FPI/quarterly assessments, and confidentiality of data, time sheets, and time administrator).
- Liaison with Process Lead to gather data of assigned line and Lead creation as well as timely execution of 90Day Action Plans while taking 24hrs responsibility.
- Maintain good relationship with CBA representatives to ensure smooth operations on the floor.
- Define and drive IR Controls in shift via positive engagement with key opinion makers
- Drive 1-2-1 communication with EOs to implement controls in shift
- Take disciplinary actions in shift where and when required ensuring proper controls.
- Ensure compliance with PI&T requirements as per road-map at Production Floor.
- Drive basic machine 5S standard within shift / cell
- Facilitate higher management in deploying company’s Reward & Recognition regime to encourage healthy competition at shop-floor level.
- Carry out duties as Fire Master according to the defined ERP structure (Emergency response Plan) after office hours
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University degree with 1-2 years’ experience of Operations Management.
- Should be self-motivated and possess initiative, drive and leadership abilities to lead a team with Decision Making as well as Resource Management skills. Must possess effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Should exhibit leadership and conflict management skills. Working experience of SAP is desirable
- Must exhibit good and effective communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Quality systems, ISO 9001/14001 and SPC.
- Must be able to enforce discipline and set good work practices within the team.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Disclaimer : We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we are encouraging you to apply for this position and, the moment we have a suitable position for your profile the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.