BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Management
FUNCTION: Global Business Services Finance
SALARY RANGE: Starting at RM19,500 + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Bandar Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role will be focusing on providing Data Science capability to deliver BCT’s internal controls assurance and advisory scope of work.
Undertakes and leads internal controls assurance and design activity with the use of data analytics techniques to support the design and assessment for both Business as Usual (BAU) and Project or Programme related control changes.
Works closely and communicate effectively with BAT Management to assist with the design and effective operation of internal controls.
Provides internal controls expertise, advice and mentorship to promote awareness of risk management and control practices across the BAT Group through data analytics and automated controls assessment.
Reports to: Senior Business Controls Manager
Reporting Level: Manages self and others
Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Supports and manages development of the internal controls related data analytics strategy and automated controls assessment approach.
- Lead, conceptualise and manage delivery of data analytics and automation solutions across the core BAT processes to support the BAT internal controls framework.
- Leads the analysis of datasets and provide multi-dimensional views of data to support the testing and associated reporting of controls, as detailed in the internal control monitoring plan (including SOx testing).
- Undertake incident reviews and analysis through use of data analytics, including root cause analysis and adequacy of actions to address identified weaknesses.
- Support in the monitoring and resolution of all reported control issues and identified actions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Group Controls function including the continued development of the BCT methodology to measure efficiency of controls and mitigation of risks in the Group’s core processes through insights gathered from data sets.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with management, including regular progress meetings with key partners and ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Prepares or reviews controls reporting prior to submission to relevant BAT Group governance forums, e.g. Audit Committees and Programme Boards.
- Coordinate or participate in the delivery of training to Business Controls staff on data analysis and automated controls assessment to support the global delivery of the BCT work plan.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- More than 5 years data analytics and automation experience in the area of risk and controls with significant accounting firm or a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating corporate environment.
- Experience with data management concepts and tools, e.g. data mining and/or process mining, including working with large datasets and automation of controls.
- SAP automated controls experience:
- Experience in reviewing functional SAP components (FI/CO/MM/SD/FSCM), focusing on either the configuration or understanding of table structures and data model relationships.
- Hands on SAP application reporting and query experience in order to extract internal controls relevant data and information.
- Good knowledge of internal controls practices, principles and procedures and corporate governance requirements for a global Group, including Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR).
- Experience of one or more of BAT’s core business functions, including operations, marketing, finance and IT.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence key decision makers in order to ensure risks and control scenarios are fully understood.
- Ability to convert analytic finding into non-technical business scenarios and risks for senior management to enable understanding of risks and impact of controls over those risks and processes.
- Experience engaging with external auditors.
- Degree educated with relevant professional Internal Controls qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA or equivalent, CISA, ITIL, CGEIT or CISSP).
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!