BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
FUNCTION: Digital Business Solution – Org Development
LOCATION: Bandar Sunway, Selangor
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Communications Intern’s role is to support Regional Communications Manager in the delivery of the IDT/GBS communications strategy, for IDT/GBS hubs, at regional level. They will support to ensure effective and efficient landing of strategic key messages and global campaigns and will provide communication support to Site LTs, local Talent & Culture and various stakeholders.
Reports to: Regional Communications Manager
Reporting Level: Individual
Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific & Middle East
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Supports the execution of internal communication plan for the IDT/GBS hub together with the Regional Communications Manager
- Supports the Regional Communication Manager on content creation, such as: editorial content, social content, blogs, brochures, internal announcements, leaflets, infographics, animations and videos
- Coordinates messages across multiple channels, ensuring that internal communications in the IDT/GBS hub is done in a scheduled, targeted, and well-organized manner
- Supports the coordination of internal events such as: town halls and local celebrations, focusing on coordinating agenda, content, flow, speakers, special moments, event memorabilia, with support from Facilities team for event logistics
- Supports the Regional Communication Manager on the department communications planning process and communication needs from local Talent & Culture team related to projects/initiatives developed under Your Voice umbrella
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree or equivalent in Mass Communication or related subject or equivalent
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and excellent communication skills
- Able to coordinate activities in a complex environment and possess experience with end-to-end event management (in person & online events)
- Able to deliver clear and simplified messages
- High energy, self-motivated and creative individual
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience developing different versions of content for a range of social/digital channels, for example infographics, data visualization, animation and video. Graphic design and video editing skills represent an advantage
- Great sense of humour,hardworking and reliable team player, working well in cross-functional teams
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!