BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level Management
FUNCTION: Corporate Finance
SALARY RANGE: RM 10,000 – RM13,500 + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Selangor, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of GBS Corporate Finance Team.
This role will require owning and managing the controllership activities (accounting and delivering the financial documents) as well as managing risk and controls to meet key End Market priorities. The role involves interaction with the Corporate Finance Controller to ensure GBS strategic objectives of standardisation, scalability and consolidation are met.
Reports to: Corporate Finance Manager
Reporting Level: Leads Others : Subject Matter Experts & Senior Analysts
Geographic Scope: Selangor, Malaysia
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Ensure a timely analysis, identification, communication, and resolution of balance sheet account reconciliation issues to avoid frauds and potential monetary losses due to an inappropriate accounting practice
- Coordinate the monthly accounting closing process with other GBS sub-functions as well as the end market SPOC to ensure an accurate disclosure of financial information to relevant stakeholders
- Support the preparation and delivery OTIF (on time and in full) of the control navigator exercise and SOX compliance to avoid any business disruption because of a control breakdown as well as any monetary loss
- Coordinate and support the internal and external audit for the Market.
- Advising about status and decisions to be made about accounting books, risks and controls to the corporate finance business partners of the end markets.
- Coordinate external audit exercises
- Coordinate implementation of projects and timetables alignment for GBS Functional Managers
- Ensuring alignment and delivery of control navigator and SOX control-related exercises.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you experienced in Financial Auditing/Controllership?
- Are you a professional qualified accountant?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 7 years of finance/accounting experience with a least 2-3 years in global FMCG industry.
- Self-motivating, meticulous, and passionate in continuous improvement.
- Good command of English in verbal and written communication.
- Effective communication, mentoring and leadership skills
- Capable of analysing financial impact and providing insights to business strategies
- Able to demonstrate the need for and ensure implementation of appropriate systems and controls
- An ability to work with all levels within the organisation and experience in managing senior partners & auditors
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Accounting & Finance. Professional accountancy qualification i.e. CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in SAP/BPC
- Experience in People Management
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!