BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
GBS MALAYSIA IS LOOKING FOR A FINANCE INTERN
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
LOCATION: Selangor, Malaysia
JOB TYPE: Fixed term
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
- The role is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations in IDT finance. It is a 6-month internship based, where you will not only gain practical experience within the Finance team but will also have the opportunity to understand further on the business recharge model within a global matrix organization.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Supporting Financial data collection from various teams
- Budgeting alignment and requires coordination and communication with finance business partner
- Supporting with Month End procedures: perform input in the financial system, consolidation of accruals, posting journals, recharges, ensuring all the corrections are done, etc
- Opportunity to learn to establish / maintain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders from variable region and functions which include Global IT Finance & BAT Central Finance in Globe House, IT stakeholders, GBS Finance teams, and key external vendor
- Opportunity to contribute to continuous improvement culture within DBS to drive performance delivery through personal accountability, empowerment and development.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Busines, Economy, Accounting or similar, with/without relevant working experience.
- Strong Excel skills (LOOKUPs, SUMIFs, Pivot tables). General confidence in working with numbers and multiple large spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of system tools will be added advantage
- Good verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Works well to tight deadlines
- Pragmatic/lateral approach to finding solutions
- Detail-oriented, analytical, proactive, and able to work in team
- Proactive and ability to work under own initiative
- Good command of English spoken and written
- BSc/BA in Law, Business, Finance or a related field.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.