BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
EXTERNAL TITLE: Lead Data Scientist
FUNCTION : D&A | HR Analytics, Lex & IDT
LOCATION : Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
REPORTS TO: Head of Data Science – HR Analytics & Lex
The Lead Data Scientist in D&A will consult, lead & deliver projects in Data, Reporting, Visualization & Advanced Analytics as assigned by the Head. In addition, this role is expected to be an expert in delivering decision science solutions around HR & Lex. The projects thus delivered are expected to help the business to make better decisions and create value while generating IP for Data & Analytics Solutions unit.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: The candidate is expected to -
- Lead 3 to 5 projects at a given time. Independently consult, design & deliver end-to-end D&A solutions / outcomes
- Manage team of 5-10 members (Internal and SI partners)
- Engage & manage with senior stakeholders to introduce & implement innovation & replication of D&A solutions
- Candidate with good understanding on the Data Science Life Cycle.
- Experience in Data Sourcing, Data Algorithm and ETL tools.
- Experience in getting the use cases from the production and build the whole life cycle of data.
- Experience on engaging with business stockholders and build the Data science, Rd maps and journey maps plans.
- Good understanding and knowledge from Multiple Industry in Data Science
- Support the design & implementation of delivery processes to produce outcomes efficiently & adopt industry best practices.
- Lead the D&A culture and ways of working and strive to constantly work towards creating a better D&A brand within the company
- Leading projects in ambiguous & dynamic situations as a part of a global multi-functional team by building partnerships & working collaboratively
- Mentor team members as an SME in domain / analytics
- Educational qualifications: Graduate in Engineering / Statistics / Economics / Maths / Analytics
- Background in finance is preferable (e.g., CPA/CFA)
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on working experience in Advanced Analytics / Modelling / delivery out of which minimum of 5 yrs in domain of Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing & engaging global stakeholders independently
- Experience of working on Cloud environments like Azure / AWS would be necessary while exposure to RDBMS tools like SQL, Oracle along with SAP
- Expertise in anyone of the following visualization tools like Qlik, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI along with understanding of UI / UX tools
- Experience of working in the CPG industry will be good to have
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas & solutions is required
Global BAT DNA
- Act commercially and in a consumer centric way
- Collaborate and influence
- Develop leaders and teams
- Drive and own results
- Think strategically and prioritize
- Ambitious, courageous, and resilient
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!