BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid Senior
SALARY RANGE: (RM3,900 – RM5,200) + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Selangor, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Senior Reporting Services Analyst will support the preparation of the statutory and management accounting reporting process, and will perform tests, reconciliations, analysis with the purpose of testing the reasonableness of the various financial reports, which include financial statements, information package supporting various decision points from the IBPM process.The objective of this role is to enable the FSSCs to meet their business objectives by providing quality general accounting analysis and overall business support for end markets
Reports to: Manager Planning & Reporting
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Selangor, Malaysia
- Serve as an independent contributor for a component of the Record to Report function inclusive of, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Reconciliations, Month End Close, Statutory & Financial Reporting, Management reporting, product costing data integrity and quality
- The Financial Reporting Analyst will perform specific tasks allocated by the line manager in the area of integrity, quality and reasonableness of the management and statutory reporting process, which includes QPR and QTR reporting exercises.
- Assistance in preparation of various submissions of the management reporting unit as well as legal entity reporting requirements as per the deadlines and with the frequency set by the IBPM process.
- Identify material movements based on pre-established template
- Perform analytical review to ensure the movements vs. previous periods or vs. the previous forecast make sense
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have experience in Financial Planning & Analysis?
- Have you collaborated closely with other Finance Shared Service centers to provide high quality, timely management information to the business to provide end to end finance delivery for regions / areas / end markets?
- What Financial tools & Systems have you used or developed in your past experience?
ESSENTIAL EXPERENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Accounting qualification
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- Understand the impact of the accounting process and practice.
- Understand the platforms and analyse reports, identify issues and challenges within reports functionalities and data.
- Understand and apply relevant financial skills and knowledge.
- A good understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, specifically BI/BPC, SAP or ERP equivalent
- Able to contribute projects and process improvements and handle a remote/virtual customer base model
- Detail-oriented, analytical, proactive, and can work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Knowledgeable in identifying risks and in implementing controls
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Computer Literate: SAP/Power BI/ Microsoft Excel
- Improvement initiatives implemented and efficiency improvements demonstrated.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!