BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT GBS PAKISTANIS LOOKING FOR A CONSUMER INSIGHT MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid Senior Level
SUB-FUNCTION: Marketing – Insights, Analytics & Agile
LOCATION: Lahore, Pakistan
REPORTS TO: DRBU Area Head of Insights (G36)
JOB TYPE: Permanent
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Consumer Insights Manager will be a key role supporting the Malaysia & Australian Insights team in executing consumer, customer and competitor insights and foresights with a primary focus on New Categories. The role, will effectively manage external research agencies, ensuring compliance to best practices to produce agile, high value & actionable insights.
The Consumer Insights Manager will furthermore provide critical support in delivering rapid & impactful insights mining & analysis utilising innovative approaches to aid business decision making to drive scale in our brands and protect the heartland base of our portfolio. With a strong focus on understanding the digital behaviour of consumers, this role will drive insights into action through on-going analysis across various digital data sets to augment and expand understanding of key adult nicotine user groups.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Bring the consumer perspective to marketing decision making by executing analysis and research activities (qualitative & quantitative incl. digital analytics) to provide insights and recommendations
- Scope and gather context from end market in collaboration with Malaysia Insights team to develop optimal research/analysis approaches catering to business need for time & cost efficiency
- Identify ideal methodology and provide oversight on the data collection process, analytic work plan and narrative framework to ensure actional insights are generated to support business needs
- Manage external agencies for the execution of consumer research projects and syndicated studies ensuring on-time - in full delivery of outputs at defined quality standard that deliver to initial scope and business objectives
- End-to-end management of research projects as required (including questionnaire design, programming, execution)
- Analyse & integrate data from consumer & digital sources (e.g., website, social, search, survey) to provide understanding of evolving consumer behaviour and shape strategic business decisions
- Effectively manage stringent project timelines for a fast paced business environment
- Translate data & information into impactful insights & foresights and convey analysis and recommendations via presentations and written reports to internal stakeholders.
- Generate critical consumer insights via aggregation and synthesis of multiple studies and data sources conducted over a period of time. Advise & provide guidance on opportunities to visualise & dashboard recurrent tracking data
- Identify and propose improvement opportunities in current process to enhance the effectiveness of the generation of consumer, customer & competitor insights.
- Continuously strive to improve current tools and methodologies to improve analysis of information.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE
- Do you have proven experience in market research and consumer insights?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Analytics or related field.
- At least 5 years prior experience within a similar role – market research / consumer insights / digital analytics / digital marketing
- Experienced in managing and executing a range of qualitative and quantitative research
- Advanced understanding of research methodologies and solid analytic skills including: ability to synthesize information, identify trends, reduce complexity and identify key opportunities.
- Familiar with digital analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Sprinklr (Social Media Listening), Similarweb, Search Analytics tools, PowerBI.
- Strong analytic skills & critical/creative thinking skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (PowerPoint / Excel)
- Project management experience and strong capability of managing and prioritising a number of competing task for different stakeholders
- Proficiency in English, possessing strong communication skills
- Exceptional storytelling skills with the ability to present information in a simple and compelling format that has practical application
Desirable Requirement :
- Experience in client side (commercial) insights / digital marketing / digital analytics
- Create proactive and effective stakeholder engagement at all levels to maintain good relationships.
-DRBU – Malaysian/Australian Insights team
-Cross-functional teams (Marketing/Finance/Commercial, others).
- Identify and actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes;
- FMCG experience
- Shared Service experience
- Global Exposure
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.