BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non management position
LOCATION: Lahore, Pakistan
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Data Analyst will be a key role in bringing data closer to the business. Robust data modelling to enable seamless insights mining through dashboards and report automation.
Role is expected to develop, optimize BI infrastructure, data integrity/relationships, as well as reporting and business process architectures, enabling rapid BI development.
Data Analyst will be responsible in delivering continuous improvement initiatives and play a critical role in coordinating data ingestion exercise with Platform team.
Key objectives are:
- Create proactive and effective stakeholder engagement at all levels to maintain good relationships
- Platform Management Team (Data Warehouse)
- Functional COEs
- Transformation Team
- APME and Global Users (Not co-located in Pakistan)
- Innovation Objective: Identify and actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes
Reports to: Marketing Transformation Team
Reporting Level: N/A
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Automate unstructured data transformation and cleansing needs as required by visualization developer through various tools: Snowflake, VBA, PowerQuery, REGEX is a must – Alteryx and Dataiku knowledge would be a plus
- Identify ideal data storing solutions in collaboration with visualization developer (SharePoint List, Snowflake, Excel)
- Perform diagnostic on existing excel reports, develop solutions, perform implementation, and monitor validation processes to ensure data integrity and optimal performance
- Perform data modelling activities as per project requirement
- Provide consultation and recommendation to visualization engineer and relevant team on best practises and optimum solution on matters related to data
- Assist Business Analyst in performing feasibility study, POC development, provide recommendation and consultation to stakeholders
- Maintain internal processes and quality standards documentation to ensure process controls and audits are up to date and aligned to BAT standards
- Effectively manage stringent project timelines for a fast-paced business environment
- Consolidate data requirements and effectively engage with Platform team to ensure data availability and accuracy
- Build data governance checkpoints and contribute to building Operating Model
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in relevant fields, Data Science, Information Technology, Analytics, or related field.
- At least 3+ years prior experience within a similar role
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Strong Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement, Resourceful Mindset
- SnowPro Core Certification
- In depth understanding and knowledge on Data Structure, Modelling, and Architecture
- Strong Developing Experience using SQL, VBA, PowerQuery and REGEX functionality
- Comfortable with numbers and good analytical sense
- Experience in developing product using agile methodologies and ways of working
- Forum Contributor is an added advantage
- Microsoft Azure Certification, SnowPro Advance Certification
- Hand-on experience in developing PowerAutomate/ PowerApps would be an added advantage
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!