BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT UK IS LOOKING FOR AN INSIGHTS EXECUTIVE - VAPOUR
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits
LOCATION: London, UK
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
As part of the NWEA Strategic Planning & Insights department, the role will contribute to the Area's strategic decision-making process through a sound understanding of our consumers and key markets. With a focus on a cross-nicotine view on new categories, you will analyze and create meanings from research findings and extensive data, translating them into insights or recommendations for the business.
Support the process of consumer insight generation for New Categories (NC), focusing on Vapour
- Oversee the analysis of total Nicotine and Vapour Category market trends and consumer behaviour
- Ensure the integrity of Vapour Category insights and their integration into decision-making.
- Acts as the custodian of research and insights plan and process across, ensures effectiveness, accuracy and alignment with global research guidelines (HIVE)
- Lead research process and roll-out of research best practices in NWEA (North Western Europe Area)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Own and coordinate Vapour research plan and analysis, ensuring that research partners develop an appropriate, cost-effective, and high-quality work
- Fully familiar with all the platforms used for data consolidation namely Explorer and Nielsen RA and run data independently with intervention from Agency
- Understand Vapour consumer behaviour and the journey from combustible to new category products by continuously tracking and analysing consumer behaviour and market trends to identify and recommend opportunities to drive conversion growth and value.
- Tracking Vapour performance for industry, BAT and key competitors across all key markets in the Area providing accurate, timely and precise conclusions.
- Contribute to the NC Track in timely manner to ensure all the business essential information are being captured
- Ensure the integrity of all RA platforms utilised in the area
- Engage internal stakeholders to ensure all relevant Vapour NC insights are effectively integrated into our decision-making process.
- Correct application and compliance of relevant HIVE methodologies, systems and protocols
- Manage budget for Vapour research initiatives to ensure synergy, objectivity, and prioritisation of spending
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have recent experience in managing complex research projects in an agile environment?
- Do you have experience analysing complex data from multiple sources and converting it into meaningful information and insights?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Comfortable with complex data derived from different platform and connecting them to get actionable insights
- Excellent interpersonal skill and ability to build effective working relationship across all departments
- Strong experience in Consumer research, both quantitative & qualitative research design and management
- Strong project and budget management, including the processing of payments on time and legal approvals for all materials used in research
- Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Fluent English
- Sound analytical skills
- Passionate about data & insights, be able to use variety of research toolkits
- Confident/advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint
- Internal tools/software confident user (Nielsen/Kantar Explorer, HIVE)
- Solid records management
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills, an appetite for design & data visualization
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference