BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
JOB TITLE: Data Scientist – MSTR
FUNCTION: Strategic Planning & Insights
CITY & COUNTRY: MONTERREY, MEXICO
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The Data Scientist/ BI expert in D&A will lead & deliver projects of Data, Analytics, Visualization as assigned by the Team Manager In addition, this role is expected to be an expert in delivering BI/Visualisation solutions. Working with a diverse and highly skilled team, this role will combine technical expertise with business strategy to take the business to the next level.
The projects thus delivered is expected to help the business to take better decisions and create value for them as well as provide objective, timely and relevant information/analysis. Works as a business partner for Marketing the Digital Business Solution leaders in end markets, by providing key commercial, financial, and business insights, thus assisting in ensuring that the end market growth activities contribute to the success and effective resource allocation decisions are made across the value chain.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Reports to: D&A Marketing US – Lead Data Scientist
- Graduate in Engineering / Statistics / Economics / Maths / Analytics or other quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on working experience in Dashboarding / Data Visualization / delivery out of which minimum of 1 yrs in MSTR development is a must
- Desired experience in Microstrategy with:
- Creating schema objects e.g. Attributes, facts, hierarchy
- Creating applications objects e.g. Metrics, cubes, reports and dashboards
- Techniques for optimising microstrategy reports and dashboards
- Proficient story teller / Hands-on experience using visualization tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Reporting Services (SSRS), OBIEE, BI Publisher, Oracle Analytics Server (OAS), Qlik View and UI/UX Tools and packages (Dash, Shiny, Bokeh, etc.)
- Can learn quickly and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment – is a curious self-starter, flexible problem solver, and embrace an agile mentality
- Fluency in English is a must, since the role is regarding the US market.
- Experience working with a range of BI & analytics architectures. These may include: traditional warehousing, Cloud (AWS, Azure, Amazon S3, Teradata, Snowflake, etc.), visualization, etc.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in programming languages: SQL, Python
- A competitive compensation plans.
- Performance Bonus
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!