British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Non-Management Level
LOCATION: Jhelum Factory
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Schedule & control shift operations efficiently to achieve daily, weekly and monthly production targets. Ensure calculated planned downtime and smooth run ability of machines to achieve Master Production Schedule target as well as targeted and support IWS philosophy.
- Ensure manufacturing of product by meeting quality targets through agreed processes. Aim to reduce/eliminate market complaints and ensure product integrity.
- Coordinate and support all maintenance activities to ensure smooth running of machines and reduction in downtimes. Devise core crew & ensure deployment of the same on the machine to facilitate maintenance related activities. Provide full support to maintenance team to ensure timely completion of maintenance activities.
- Effective deployment of core crew as per agreed crewing pattern on the machines to get the desired output.
- Drive breakthrough results in Process Reliability, Planned and Unplanned Downtime while delivering against the Master Production Schedule
- Support execution of personnel systems to grow capability of EOs (skill blocks, IDP’s, team skill matrix, training plan, FPI/quarterly assessments, and confidentiality of data, time sheets, and time administrator).
- Liaison with Process Lead to capture data of assigned line and Lead creation as well as timely execution of 90Day Action Plans while taking 24hrs responsibility.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- University degree with 1-2 years’ experience of Operations Management.
- Should be self-motivated and possess initiative, drive, and leadership abilities to lead a team with Decision Making as well as Resource Management skills. Must possess effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Should exhibit leadership and conflict management skills. Working experience of SAP is desirable
- Must exhibit good and effective communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Quality systems, ISO 9001/14001 and SPC.
- Must be able to enforce discipline and set good work practices within the team.
- To lead and inspire workforce effectively to keep them in a high state of morale/motivation.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Disclaimer: We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we are encouraging you to apply for this position and, the moment we have a suitable position for your profile the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.