SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Professional
LOCATION: Rome, Italy
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
British American Tobacco Italy is looking for a dedicated and brilliant Own Retail Activation Specialist, with a strong passion for the trade world and particularly for the retail channel built within shopping malls and tobacco shops, to join the Consumer Activation Team based in Rome. You will get the responsibility to look after the retail world and its consumers’ thinking and habits; analysing, finding and implementing new solutions for our retail channels. Agency management will be a core task as well. You will also have exposure to activities related to Brand Deployment, Trade Marketing and Distribution (TM&D), Strategy Planning and Insights (SP&I).
Geographic Scope: Italy
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Understand and coordinate, from an operational perspective, the allocated BAT own retail channels (e.g., pop-up stores and corners) in the Italian market
- Have a 360-degree approach at finding and implementing new solutions to optimize these channels in line with BAT’s consumer centricity
- End-to-end project planning, from market data analysis and strategy definition to activity cycle planning and service supplier engagement
- Engage with third-party agencies to handle operative issues
- Collaborate with Trade Marketing & Distribution, Brand Deployment, and SP&I teams through regular and accurate communication, problem solving, and specialized advice to ensure common success
- Analyze metrics and insights to ensure accurate planning of future projects and to measure channels’ performance
- Understand competition’s channel strategy to identify threats and opportunities and provide sound improvement actions
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you a consumer-focused individual?
- Do you enjoy working with different partners to achieve a common goal?
- Are you a dynamic and proactive person?
- Do you have experience in organizing the activities for the Own Retail Activations?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3 – 4 years of previous experience coordinating Own Retail Activation back office activities; experience in a FMCG company is nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or similar; Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Native in Italian and an advanced level of English
- Previous experience with Tableau and/or CRMs is a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic environment
- Analytical and data-driven approach
- Thorough while able to see the big picture
- Proactive nature and ability to learn fast
WE ARE BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation.
See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building extraordinary capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!