Imperial Tobacco Canada is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: G33= Experienced Non-Mgmt
LOCATION: Sarnia, ON
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of the Trade Marketing & Distribution team.
The role is responsible for delivering commercial and consumer performance for Imperial Tobacco Canada (ITCAN) within an assigned geographical area. This will be accomplished by building strong customer relationships with retailers & staff and leveraging both commercial acumen and digital assets to meet consumer needs.
Reports to: Business Area Manager / Strategic Area Manager
Reporting Level: No Direct Reports
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Managing your territory to deliver volume and market share targets that contribute to achieving national, regional, and district-level objectives, through effective implementation of cycle activities for all of ITCAN’s product categories;
- Delivering a superior customer experience by leveraging ITCAN’s bespoke digital tools and assets to maintain strong business relationships, train retailers and staff to effectively communicate ITCAN brands to consumers, responding to retailer and staff questions and concerns in a timely manner, monitoring contract compliance and delivering personalized 1-2-1 customer and consumer insights to drive performance;
- Generating and maintaining market demand of ITCAN’s multi-category products by ensuring adequate inventory levels, attaining distribution targets, reducing OOS, merchandising effectively and ensuring a competitive price for the entire product and brand portfolios;
- Working on special projects at the provincial and national levels with your team of Territory Managers;
- Driving performance in a highly regulated market.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 1 – 3 years’ relevant work experience (ex: previous experience in a marketing focused role)
- Previous experience in an FMCG or a global organization.
- Strong extra-curricular participation record (ex: case competitions, academic student groups, sports teams etc.)
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Aspire to an experience which offers daily opportunities to learn and grow.
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen, strategic mindset, and account management capabilities.
- Energetic, results-driven, and autonomous.
- Facility with digital tools and able to interpret commercial data, identify business opportunities, and put plans into action.
- Ability to focus on a long-term objective, while capitalizing on short-term opportunities.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, or a related field (ex: business administration, international business, digital marketing etc.)
- Hold a valid driver’s license in any one of Canada’s provinces or territories.
- Possess the current legal right to work in Canada.
- Bilingual (French and English) in Quebec, and Fluent in English (for rest of Canada).
- It helps if you are mobile and potentially willing to discover Canada while furthering your career. Through our career growth opportunities, we promote movement to new geographical locations all across Canada, and eventual career progression to our head office in Montreal.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Imperial Tobacco Canada is Canada's leading tobacco and vaping products company and is part of the world's most international tobacco group: BAT. BAT is a global multi-category consumer goods business, operating in over 180 markets. Our vision is to build A Better Tomorrow by reducing the health impact of our business through offering a greater choice of enjoyable and less risky products for our consumers. Our strong foundations, together with our capacity for cutting-edge innovation, are a platform for us to build more sustainable products for our consumers, and a more sustainable business for our colleagues, shareholders, and communities.
WHY JOIN US
We’re redefining an industry while going through our own digital transformation, using innovation to keep our portfolio of products at the cutting edge. To keep up with this change, we have the most ambitious, courageous, and resilient people in the industry taking on new challenges and driving us forward. We employ close to 500 people coast to coast, originating from 47 countries, and have built a high-performance culture that promotes our Leadership Behaviours (BOLD, FAST, EMPOWERED, DIVERSE and RESPONSIBLE), and which is committed to delivering a better tomorrow.
We have always been committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the very best people in our business functions. As a member of our team, you’ll join an outstanding workplace, collaborating across borders with colleagues from multiple fields to evolve our business in one of the most dynamic phases of our history.
Our company succeeds when our people thrive. So, we believe benefits should do more than enhance your career, they should enhance your life. Because the growth and well-being of our people are essential, we offer rich compensation, benefits, services, and development programs to help employees maintain and improve their health, wellness, and work/life balance. Our approach considers your total well-being to support not only the professional part of your life, but the physical, emotional, social, and financial parts too.
Some of the outstanding benefits we offer include:
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives.
- Company vehicle provided
- State-of-the-art digital tools, and company paid IPhone.
- Pension Contribution DCPP – employer contributes up to 11% of base salary.
- 100% employer paid extended medical & dental benefits – disability & life insurance coverage.
- Free 24/7 Virtual Healthcare for all employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation time, in addition to our 13 company holidays.
- Fitness subsidy
- Top-up to 100% of salary provided to all parents for up to 18 weeks.
- Robust training and professional development programs, including global digitally enabled learning.
- Career support - we’ll give you the platform to accelerate your learning, become the best person you can be and achieve your career ambitions.
At Imperial Tobacco Canada, the future of work is about flexibility. We empower our employees to balance their schedules to what suits them the most and how they are most productive.
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Imperial Tobacco Canada. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!