BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT UK IS LOOKING FOR AN UNDERGRADUATE INTERN – PRODUCT COMPLIANCE – fixed term 12 months
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship 2023-2024
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development – Scientific & Regulatory Capabilities
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The intern will learn to meet the challenges facing global business and the product regulatory landscape. They will get experience of working and applying their knowledge within an international context and learn about global markets and international compliance.
This intern placement will be a springboard to take on a career with an international business in roles such as compliance management, regulatory affairs, product laws, project management, compliance-data analysts and more.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Supports the organization in the understanding of regulatory compliance requirements and translating this into product compliance solutions. Management of stakeholders to help shape and influence direction of project delivery and company approach.
Regulatory Intelligence and Impacts Manager
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Product; LEX; R&D
External – Supplier; External consultants
Limited travel to London (for training and development)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Will support the delivery of product regulatory product compliance activities, as part of the technical compliance evaluation package which is relied upon by BAT compliance and product/project delivery teams.
- Will support the development of state-of-the-art processes, systems, and operating procedures which aid continual improvement.
- Will support regulatory interpretation and technical validation on product compliance.
- Will interact with multifunctional technical teams to support delivery and full compliance of all product portfolios.
- Directed assessments on the intern’s assigned tasks within Product Compliance (Regulatory Intelligence & Impact, Regulatory Compliance (Dossier Management, Device & Chemical), Product Regulatory Assessments and Reporting) - delivered on schedule to the defined plan and expected governance.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Have you experienced the use of your scientific knowledge in a legal context?
- Do you have knowledge in product regulatory compliance?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Law, or related discipline;
- Critical thinking;
- Ability to analyse technical documents and compose reports, using the IRAC method;
- Ability to check technical documentation against current compliance requirements;
- Strong organizational skills, with proven track record in managing large amounts of data whilst maintaining a meticulous level of accuracy (‘eye for detail’);
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong team player who collaborates with peers to support critical projects and deliverables;
- Positive "can-do" attitude and effective problem solver;
- Enhanced written and verbal communication skills; especially the ability to explain regulatory compliance matters to non-experts;
- Creative thinking to support the Product Compliance team and engagement processes;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Proactive: self-driven with interpersonal, organisational, and multi-tasking skills;
- A problem solver with the interest in identifying core issues, proposing alternative credible solutions and delivering final proposals.
- Core understanding of nicotine products categories (both Conventional and PRRP);
- A knowledge of the complexity of new emerging products and regulatory compliance trends;
- Project management experience with the ability to manage own workload priorities and take initiatives for self and organisational improvements.
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!