BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
We have a unique opportunity in BAT Spain! To achieve our goals and ambition, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come bring your difference! Accept the challenge and join us to be part of this journey.
BAT Spain IS LOOKING FOR Territory Sales Managers in Spain, Mainland
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced professional
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits
LOCATION: Flexible location
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role belongs to our Trade Marketing department and its main responsibilities focus on executing with excellence all brand & trade cycle plan activities, driving SOM growth, IMS volume and brand activations in the outlets to strategically influence during consumers moment of truth. Establishing close engagement with retailers and staff, in order to gain trade support and loyalty for BAT brands, is also a key duty in this position. Trade Marketing representatives are the image of our company and must be able to transmit BAT values and culture.
Reports to: Area Sales Manager
Geographic Scope: Spain
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Execute Trade and Brand Marketing activities and programs (Distribution, Display & Dialogue) within the territory according with the cycle plan activities requirement of excellence in execution.
- Ensure the right BAT portfolio distribution and optimum stocks management on each outlet to contribute with the SOM growth for BAT brands.
- Manage the information with accuracy and ownership while maintaining database of outlets (driven by Petra System or California) updated and correct.
- Execute the Trade Coverage Plan (TCP). Ensure agreed coverage and call frequency for the itinerary aligned with the cycle plan activities and the guidelines of the Areas Sales Manager.
- Identify opportunities and create plans for all sales channels in the area
- Engagement with key business partners to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
- Competitor’s intelligence: notify all competitors activations or NPI in the market. Be able to size these actions and recommend action plans.
- Cost conscious: complete every internal report for gas spent, parking tickets, stock in the vehicle, etc, according with BAT procedure.
- Keep updated all the information records required in the Company's information systems, in quality, time and form. Connect daily with the central via UMTS, to transfer the information to the company's information systems, retrieve the mail and thus keep them up to date.
- Ownership and accountability of resource. Maximize resource allocation for SOM growth (121, POSM). Understanding of the investment done by the company in the territory.
- Comply and implement activities in accordance with the rules of laws and regulations relating to environmental protection, safety at work and fire protection, and internal EHS standards and procedures BAT group
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have a proactive attitude? Do you want to challenge your commercial skills? Are you willing to constantly develop and support the team on a daily basis?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a similar position.
- University degree it is an advantage.
- Full mobility to change location when needed.
- Medium-advanced level of English.
- Functional Knowledge & Skills.
- Results oriented.
- Negotiation skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Clear understanding of BAT trade strategies.
- Cross-market knowledge.
- Medium-High Microsoft Office package (Windows).
- Managerial & Interpersonal Skills.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Personal motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Critical and analytical thinking.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!