BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT AUSTRALIAIS LOOKING FOR A BRAND MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
LOCATION: Sydney, Australia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Marketing.
BAT’s purpose is to build a better tomorrow by reducing the health impact of our business through offering a greater choice of enjoyable and less risky products for our consumers. To meet our consumers’ evolving need for enjoyment and satisfaction, BAT will evolve our growth model through the development of our portfolio in tobacco, nicotine and beyond nicotine.
This role will be responsible for leading the development and execution of Brand strategies and plans to strengthen BAT’s brand portfolio and deliver key commercial objectives. This involves effectively leading and managing brand executives, ensuring all initiatives are delivered OTIF to the defined quality expectations, and brand executives have clear and aligned performance objectives and a development plan which is actively managed via regular coaching sessions and attendance in relevant training programs.
Reports to: Area Head of Brands
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Utilising data, information & insights identify business issues and opportunities & develop consumer centric brand strategies & plans to resolve issues and capitalise on opportunities. Develop potential contingencies in response to potential competitor actions.
- Systematically analyse consumer insights and trends, market information and brand equity metrics each quarter to determine brand portfolio issues and opportunities. Develop proposals and update plans which address the issues and capitalise on the opportunities.
- Utilising relevant brand equity metrics develop brand campaigns for the brand portfolio to strengthen brand equity.
- Effectively lead & manage the development of product and brand messaging for brand portfolio initiatives.
- Drive product strategies with the consumer product manager to ensure relevant sustainable differentiated product superiority is achieved across the brand portfolio. Develop business assumptions related to gross market share for inclusion in business cases.
- Prepare, develop & deliver internal and external presentations related to the brand portfolio and the defined initiatives that are to be deployed.
- Effectively manage external agencies, ensuring high quality briefs are provided to agencies On time in full (OTIF).
- Prepare research & product briefs for defined initiatives & lead internal alignment and action and supporting the consumer product manager in the delivery of product training.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have a good experience brand & project management?
- Do you have solid knowledge in marketing?
CRUCIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree educated with relevant professional qualification
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Brand management or any related field.
- Extensive experience in campaign planning, operational brand, consumer insight development & management, budget & agency management.
- Possess strong managerial & interpersonal skills, proven ability to lead teams, develop people and deliver business results.
- Strong stakeholder management experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
You will receive a competitive remuneration package.
We have flexible working, great parental leave and career's leave benefits and a positive and inclusive culture.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Disclaimer: We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we are encouraging you to apply for this position and, the moment we have a suitable position for your profile the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.