To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT POLANDIS LOOKING FOR A BUSINESS OPERATIONS ANALYST
SENIORITY LEVEL : Junior Manager level
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
Reports to: Marketing Transformation Team
Reporting level: Individual contributor
Geographic Scope: Global
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Data Analyst will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between data and the business. They will focus on building robust data models that facilitate effortless extraction of insights through automated dashboards and reports.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and optimize the BI infrastructure, ensuring data integrity, establishing strong relationships, and designing efficient reporting and business process architectures. These efforts will enable rapid development of business intelligence solutions.
Additionally, the Data Analyst will drive continuous improvement initiatives and take a lead role in coordinating data ingestion activities and enhancing dashboards to meet the requirements of the business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
• Automate the process of transforming and cleaning unstructured data as needed by visualization developers using a range of tools including Snowflake, Alteryx & MS Power Automate. Knowledge of Python/R and Dataiku would be advantageous.
• Collaborate with visualization developers to identify optimal data storage solutions, such as SharePoint List, Snowflake, or Excel.
• Conduct diagnostics on existing Excel reports, develop solutions, implement them, and monitor validation processes to ensure data integrity and optimal performance.
• Perform data modeling activities based on project requirements.
• Provide consultation and recommendations to visualization engineers and relevant teams regarding best practices and optimal data solutions.
• Assist Business Analysts in conducting feasibility studies, developing proof of concepts, and providing recommendations and consultations to stakeholders.
• Maintain up-to-date internal processes and documentation of quality standards to ensure adherence to process controls and audits aligned with BAT standards.
• Efficiently manage tight project timelines within a fast-paced business environment.
• Consolidate data requirements and actively engage with the Platform team to ensure data availability and accuracy.
• Establish data governance checkpoints and contribute to the development of an Operating Model.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have experience with PowerBi or other data transformation tools?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
• Excellent proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
• Strong problem-solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset and resourcefulness.
• In-depth understanding and knowledge of data structures, modeling, and architecture.
• Extensive experience in developing solutions using Alteryx, Snowflake, and PowerBI.Is it and / or?
• Comfortable working with numbers and possessing a strong analytical sense.
• Previous experience in developing products using agile methodologies and adopting agile ways of working.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Data Science, Information Technology, Analytics, or a related discipline.
- Microsoft Azure Certification
- Hands-on experience in ML/AI using Python/R or AutoML tools such as DataIKU or Azure AutoML
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!