BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT POLAND IS LOOKING FOR AN E-COMMERCE ARCHITECT
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
FUNCTION: DBS / IDT
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Warsaw, Poland
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role provides guidance, governance to ensure high quality direction to development teams by understanding client-side technologies across the full IT stack. This role requires a creative, deeply technical and customer-obsessed focus to define and drive technology and bring to life the to-be BAT architecture. There will be a focus on delivering speed-to-market with an infinite focus on quality and continuous improvement to ensure market empowerment and adoption success.
The roles’ technology focus will be Consumer and Customer Platforms commerce, loyalty and other transactional solutions, including consumer profile and identity systems, and product information management systems – accountabilities below apply to the focus area and its’ surrounding systems integrations.
Reports to: Head of Marketing Platforms Technology
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Global
What you will be accountable for
- Develop, manage, and maintain systems strategy and technology roadmap in close cooperation with Enterprise Architecture and Platform Teams
- Analyse and design the system architecture with a view to planning, designing, and implementing work packages, with regards to architectural, implementation and operational aspects
- Define software architecture, explore existing systems, determine areas of complexity and potential risks to successful implementation
- Provide requirement mapping, solution selection and support implementation of the system including End to End (E2E) responsibility for the solution´s operability
- Take responsibility for the lifecycle management of a solution design, implementation framework and operations capability
- Work closely with Software Engineering teams to ensure the quality of deliverables, accordance to technical guidelines and designs, and resulting artifacts and documentation is adequate
- Work with cross functional teams to triage issues related to reliability, availability, stability & performance
- Provide consultation for platform, product and support teams in understanding Platform components functioning, defining requirements and resolving issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Industrial Engineering / Operations or a related field from an accredited college/university
- 7+ years of back-end / commerce developer experience and/ or ecommerce architecture experience
- Experience delivering B2B, B2C and/or Marketplace digital commerce solutions and other transactional systems
- Experience in building and/or utilising API-based, orchestrated solutions processing transactions
- Experience in designing the technical architecture and implementing commerce solutions using two or more industry leading platforms such as Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Oracle CX Commerce Cloud, Shopify, eCommerceTools, SAP Hybris, etc.
- Strong functional knowledge in e-commerce B2B/B2C user/order/customer/product flows/integration
- Good grasp of database engineering and designing for performance; Good understanding of payment gateways, logistics and financial processes integrations
- Applied knowledge of APM tools and extended knowledge on CI/CD automation, source control systems (GIT), deployment models
- Strong cloud Paas / Iaas foundations (Azure / AWS / Google)
- Active hands-on programming capabilities, including fast prototyping and practical proofing solutions (Java / node.js / Python / etc)
- Capable of overseeing the development and implementation of various technical solutions
- Ability to lead / support teams to provide code reviews and troubleshoot all software development issues
- FMCG market experience in consumer space (D2C / B2C or B2B related implementations), including high-traffic transactional systems
- Componentization experience with redistribution and reuse of the component code in various use cases
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!