BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT POLAND IS LOOKING FOR A FRONT-END SOLUTION ARCHITECT
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
FUNCTION: DBS / IDT
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Warsaw, Poland
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role provides guidance, governance to ensure high quality direction to development teams by understanding client-side technologies across the full IT stack. This role requires a creative, deeply technical and customer-obsessed focus to define and drive technology and bring to life the to-be BAT architecture. There will be a focus on delivering speed-to-market with an infinite focus on quality and continuous improvement to ensure market empowerment and adoption success.
The roles’ technology focus will be Consumer Platform experience and engagement solutions, including consumer frontends, mobile apps, content and assets management systems, as well as consumer-facing marketing solutions – accountabilities below apply to the focus area and its’ surrounding systems integrations.
Reports to: Head of Marketing Platforms Technology
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Global
What you will be accountable for
- Develop, manage, and maintain systems strategy and technology roadmap in close cooperation with Enterprise Architecture and Platform Teams
- Understand and transform business requirements into scalable and manageable solution architecture and design specifications
- Define software architecture, explore existing systems, determine areas of complexity and potential risks to successful implementation; Translate wireframes into functional requirements, write well-abstracted, reusable, high-performance code for UI components.
- Provide requirement mapping, solution selection and support implementation of the system including End to End (E2E) responsibility for the solution´s operability
- Direct the Front-End application technical design and coordinate the development of enterprise-class web applications
- Actively influence the Implementation Roadmap by ensuring that the Architecture guidelines & guardrails are in fully in sync; Contribute ideas for Platform and Product evolution focused on CX and UX
- Ensure system integrity and stability across changes applied to the respective application cluster and interfaces to other process, projects or systems streams;
- Take responsibility for the lifecycle management of a solution design, implementation framework and operations capability; Provide consultation for platform, product and support teams in understanding Platform components functioning, defining requirements and resolving issues
- Collaborate with various cross functional peers & teams e.g. EA’s to validate prototypes and to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces which meets client requirements
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have experience in using front end monitoring tools to troubleshoot errors?
- Are you capable to build a highly scalable designs right from scratch?
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Industrial Engineering / Operations or a related field from an accredited college/university with
- 7+ years of Front-end developer experience / Front-end architecture experience
- Strong hands-on experience on fronted frameworks (React.js / Angular JS, MVC & related JS Frameworks, mobile frameworks, native mobile; Proven hands-on experience with working with various CMSes: AEM, Wordpress, Contentful (preferably headless)
- Solid understanding of HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, single page applications, progressive web applications; Expertise in practical use of caching, minification, bundling techniques to improve front end performance
- Experience in integrating with a CDN to optimize resource bandwidth; Experience in working with AB Test frameworks (Optimizely, Target, etc.)
- Extended knowledge on CI/CD automation, source control systems (GIT), deployment models; Strong cloud Paas / Iaas foundations (Azure / AWS / Google)
- Active hands-on programming capabilities, including fast prototyping and practical proofing solutions (Java / node.js / Python / PHP etc.
- Consulting skills to engage and communicate with partners effectively and commercial skills (understand and consider financial implications of proposals)
- FMCG market experience in consumer space (D2C / B2C related implementations), including high-traffic transactional systems
- Consistent track record of marketing agency cooperation on the level of designs and journeys implementations
- Componentization experience with redistribution and reuse of the component code in various use cases
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!