BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT POLANDIS LOOKING FOR A Global Enterprise architect
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
FUNCTION: DBS / IDT
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Warsaw, Poland
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible for providing architectural direction to the DBS Global R&D function on key technology solutions. This is core to the growth agenda of BAT, particularly in our New Categories area.
Reports to: Head of Enterprise Architecture
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Global
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Acting as a figurehead for technology and architecture decisions within the Global organisation and ensuring these decisions are based on commercial and technical factors, are aligned with BAT’s strategic direction and are compatible with the wider Enterprise Architecture
- Keep abreast of current and emerging industry trends and ensure BAT’s applications and solutions are kept modern and continue to support the business needs in a supportable and commercially viable way
- Play an active part on the Global DBS leadership team, being recognised as the lead architect and ‘go-to person’ for all architecture matters
- Accountable for the creation and ongoing development of the architecture artefacts & including the target / transition architectures, roadmaps, and technology strategy
- Responsible for governing architecture decisions, including the operation of the governance boards, applying the processes and ensuring alignment with other parts of the BAT organisation
- Maintain the Enterprise Architecture SharePoint Repository and kept ensure it is kept in a current state
- Continue to develop and evolve the Architecture Governance Framework including our Technical Architecture Board (TAB) process
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have at least 5 years’ experience working in a large global organisation as a senior enterprise architect within a global function with a heavy Digital presence?
- Are you able to take business priorities and create target application and technology views based on them?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 5 years of proven experience working in a global organisation as a senior enterprise architect within a global function. Ideally having worked in a large FMCG organisation or a pharmaceutical organisation with a heavy Digital presence
- Delivered Enterprise or Solution Architecture across multiple technology and application domains solving sophisticated business issues
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Architecture in one or more business domains (Research & Development, Scientific Research or similar preferred)
- Product life cycle management
- Good knowledge of TOGAF and strong skills in architecture modelling techniques like business and technology capability modelling, maturity modelling, change readiness assessments, impact assessments etc.
- Knowledge of Lean-Agile Architecture frameworks preferable Open Group Agile Architecture
- Experience in crafting Conceptual, Logical and Physical architecture views and communicating them to respective audiences
- Modern Application Development approaches (SAFe preferred) and tools (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Working knowledge of Azure and overall Cloud Architecture and solution elements. AWS knowledge would be beneficial
- Hands-on ability with 0365 products such as Power BI, SharePoint and Flow
- Led global teams of architects, both directly and via a matrix approach
- Managed stakeholders at all levels in an organisation, including to ‘C-Level’
- Ability to take business priorities and build target application and technology views based on them
- Business insight, ability to articulate both business, commercial and technical ideas clearly and simply
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to influence and challenge
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- TOGAF Certification (9 or higher)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 5 or higher)
- Innovation Lab operation
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!