BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT UKIS LOOKING FOR A GLOBAL IDT PROCUREMENT AND VENDOR MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Manager
SALARY RANGE: competitive pay + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Warsaw, Poland
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The Global IDT Procurement and Vendor Manager is responsible for the design and execution of the global Partner and Category strategies, as well as the achievement of the performance annual targets (Spend reduction, Project timeline, ESG, Quality..) on his / her scope:
- Forward looking global Partner strategy: market analysis, identify strategic partners, challengers.
- 3 years global Category strategy: sourcing plan, game changers actions plan.
- Sourcing to contract on key initiatives: sourcing strategy, tender, negotiate and contract.
- ‘End to End’ Supplier Relationship Management, including vendor management.
- Supplier risk management (financial risk, dependency, reputation)
- Spend compliance to the strategies.
- ESG policy.
- Peer group or market network build.
The Global IDT Procurement and Vendor Manager is part of the Global Category Manager Leadership Team and contributes actively to the development of the Indirect Procurement strategy and actions plan.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Develops, in liaison with their key Stakeholders, the Partner and Category strategies, delivers the performance targets, and manages the ‘end to end’ supplier relations
Global Category Manager
Number of Direct Reports
Internal: Regional Procurement teams, Stakeholders and Business (HR, Legal,..)
- Achieve the annual performance objectives within their scope, including but not limited to, total spend expenditure reduction (supplier cost reduction and stakeholders/end user spend optimization), speed/time to market, quality, ESG, Innovation,
In this regard:
- Develop, together with Stakeholders, a forward looking 3 years global Partner strategy, identifying from market investigations, strategic partners, challengers, niche and suppliers to be phased out
- Define a 3-year Category strategy, to achieve the business objectives for the next 3 years, activating ‘game changers’ actions, followed-up regularly through appropriate dashboard.
- Develop multi-functional working groups, involving Stakeholders and End Users, to:
- Identify all disruptive opportunities of spending reduction (Demand Control, Zero Base Budget,)
- Develop strategic plans to improve speed to source and client satisfaction
- Ensure monthly follow-up of the action plan
- Lead global and geographic commercial/contract negotiations effectively to deliver robust terms and conditions.
- Formulate for each Tender, in strong relation with Stakeholders / End Users, the 2 major steps of the tender process: sourcing strategy validation (before launching tender) and supplier award.
In this regard:
- Challenge the internal demand (buy less / buy cheaper), ensuring the Stakeholders define clear and understandable requirements, reviewing scope of works and suggesting optimizations when necessary, challenging, and vetting users forecasted volumes
- Negotiate competitive suppliers’ prices, activating various performance levers: challenge of each cost drivers, pluriannual cost reduction plans, reduction of the supplier base, offshore, make or buy, value analysis, group synergies, benchmarking:
- Generate procurement synergies across several geographies
- Negotiate, with the support of the Legal teams, the contractual T&C, to ensure the highest protection of our Group
- Monitor ‘end to end’ Suppliers relationship and performance:
- Aggregate spends and performance picture by Supplier, by Domain and by region
- Monitor the monthly, quarterly, and annual Business reviews with the key vendors, in liaison with Suppliers and Stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with the agreed SLAs, in liaison with Stakeholders
- Ensure BAT get all expected value from contracts; suggest some contract terms & conditions improvements / amendments
- Always check the Suppliers financial health and dependency; implement corrective actions accordingly (such as substitution plan).
- Ensure the necessary governance with strategic Suppliers to attract, in priority for the Group, all potential Innovations (product, services, business model,).
- Ensure the interface between the Group and Suppliers for the resolution of any major “crisis” (Quality, delivery,)
- Communicate the Partner/Category strategies to Regional Procurement and internal stakeholders
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- 7+ years’ experience in strategic/operational global Procurement background in a Global Company
- Mandatory expertise / background on Technology
- Proven track record in managing high level complex negotiations:
- In-depth Technology category knowledge and proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to deliver added value benefits in addition to contracted benefits
- Full understanding of the Fleet total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT
- Expertise in successful development of complex, multi-country contracts and agreements
- Proven track record in managing high level Partnership with strategic vendors, to get the best competitiveness and innovations
- Proven experience of managing a procurement category multi-regional network: volume leverage, best practices sharing
- Experience in managing large scale, cross-country projects and programs to improve performance and deliver service
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Business and performance mindset
- Hands-on and ‘can do’ attitude
- Collaborative and able to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries and functional teams
- High level of negotiation skills
- High influencing capabilities and skills with senior stakeholders and leadership teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong digital analytical and numerical ability
- At ease at navigating into multifunctional multicultural complex environments
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant area
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!