Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AScientist Product Data Management Packaging and SKUs
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Non-Management Level
FUNCTION: Scientific Research and Development
LOCATION: Winston Salem United States
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Scientific Research and Development
The Product Data Management Scientist is responsible for facilitating the transition of product and material designs into technical commercial requirements while meeting bold timelines on multiple projects. The individual must possess strong social skills with the ability to establish collaborative relationships. Must be capable of grasping technical information, systems, and business processes quickly, managing multiple projects simultaneously with extreme attention to detail.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Product Data Management
Geographic Scope: DRBU
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Creating and maintaining manufacturing specifications and relevant product data in corporate computer systems including, but not limited to, packaging materials, SKU/UPCs, and finished goods.
- Managing the business process data required for planning, procurement, manufacture, shipment, and sale of direct materials, semi-finished and finished products.
- Collaborating cross functionally with various groups to ensure data is accurate, complete, and approved.
- Ensuring internal business process and regulatory compliance requirements are achieved in the implementation of new products and maintenance of existing products.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Does collaboration cross-functionally to achieve business goals sound interesting?
- Do you have experience in manufacturing processes, bills of material, or quality specifications development for consumer products?
- Is Project Management one of your strong suits?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A thorough understanding of manufacturing and business processes associated with the production of semi-finished and finished products
- The ability to interpret technical requirements for the development of material specifications and bills of material
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and within project time fences, while adapting to changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work seamlessly in a team environment and independently in area of expertise
- Relevant degree in business, supply chain, logistics, or other related discipline plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience (or equivalent internship experience); or 5 plus years’ experience with an organization that manufactures finished goods for sale (preferably in a FDA regulated industry).
- The ability to master the use of new software applications
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP and/or Siemens Interspec software preferred
- Production planning and material costing knowledge helpful
- Is Project Management one of your strong suits?
Job Number: 41014
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. Job Number: 41014
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
California Privacy Notice