Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
FUNCTION: Business Communications & Sustainability (BC&S)
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The Senior Manager of Creative Content (SMCC) is responsible for developing and executing the creative vision to communicate our "A Better Tomorrow" purpose in addition to supporting the five focus areas of the Business Communication & Sustainability team (External Communications, Internal Communications, Corporate Brand, ESG and Scientific Communications). Through engaging content, multimedia content, video series development, and strategic thought leadership creative the SMCC will lead an internal team, manage agency support, and collaborate with our New Category Product (NCP) and legacy brands to ensure that content is consistent and on message. The SMCC will be responsible for shaping the narrative—both internally and externally—to ensure Reynolds, and its brands—are positioned as thought leaders in our current industry and beyond nicotine.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Sr. Director Communications
Number of Direct Reports
30-50% of the time
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Conceive and concept the creative direction for internal and external projects and oversee them to completion (assign and manage creative workflow).
- Elevate the Business Communications & Sustainability (BC&S) creative team into a creative services hub for each function/brand to collaborate and align with as a strategic business partner.
- Drive dynamic and engaging communications content to support external, internal and scientific communications as well as corporate brand management.
- Collaborate with the Velo and Vuse brands to align strategic objectives and to use assets for internal communications, PR pitches, and thought leadership content.
- Develop a content plan to tell our Environment, Social, Governance and Health (ESG&H) story with a primary focus on investors and potential investors.
- Direct and motivate agencies, internal graphics/video staff, and copyrighters to produce engaging and valuable content.
- Develop creative ways to pitch story-centric content to gain earned media and elevate our brand and organizational promises as we accelerate our transformation to deliver A Better Tomorrow.
- Lead brainstorming/creative ideation sessions to generate compelling content.
- Concept and storyboard engaging video series, high impact shorts, and informative thought leadership video content.
- Write creative briefs, scripts, and storyboards to produce engaging video, photo, blog and thought leadership content.
- Strategically build a thought leadership content series that is organic and educational to inform internal employees and position leadership as thought leaders in the industry—both internally and externally.
- Concept and produce high quality investor relations video updates to communicate the purpose of "A Better Tomorrow" and future looking products.
- Concept and storyboard "Reduced Risk Tobacco Products" series to position Reynolds as a leader in reduced risk products.
- Revise content and presentations and provide needed multimedia assets
- Continue to come up with engaging ideas to promote our brand promise, business objectives, sustainability story, and thought leadership goals
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Five to seven years of progressive experience in a related field required.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Proven experience as a creative director for a leading, national or international brand
- Creative vision and the ability to execute on those ideas
- Hands-on experience in creative process, video production, graphic design and brand development
- Excellent working knowledge of production software such (ex. Adobe Creative Suite)
- Outstanding leadership and organization skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising, communications or related field including graphic design, fine arts or visual arts.
- Courses in business, management, finance, computer science, and graphic design, technology, design or related.
- Graphic Design/Adobe Creative Suite—including Adobe Premier
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with RAI Services Company. Job Number: 43121
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!