Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Technical Project Manager, Clinical Studies
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Director, Clinical Studies
Number of Direct Reports
Internal –Clinical Studies (RAIS and BATI), Scientific teams, Regulatory Submissions
External - Vendors, Scientific community
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Lead development and logistics of behavioral monitoring instruments in support of clinical studies, and assist in development of research methodologies, statistical analyses, and data interpretation
- Contribute to and assist with the preparation of user guides and instructional materials for newly developed behavioral tools
- Provide insight into new technologies, both software and hardware, that can expand scientific practices
- Provide technical input for behavioral research oriented internal projects
- Contribute to the enterprise-wide scientific strategy for assessment of new and novel consumer products
- Work collaboratively with project study teams comprised of internal staff and external vendors
- Review, interpret, and/or apply research concepts from the scientific literature to RAIS clinical studies
- Contribute to, and assist with, the preparation and publication of scientific results obtained from RAIS’s clinical studies in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present, as appropriate, at scientific meetings
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of two years of experience in scientific research or device development, preferably with clinical studies and tobacco research experience
- Strong Project Management skills
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Project management skills to manage project timelines and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple projects, and to complete projects efficiently and on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a broader team that includes internal and external stakeholders and outsourced vendors
- Ability to critically assess the scientific literature
- Preferred experience with 3D printing technologies and device prototyping
- Preferred experience in electronic device design
- Preferred experience with the FDA regulatory environment and regulatory submissions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- PhD or Master’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral science, public health, electrical or mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related discipline; or a Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience.
- Tobacco research
- Experience with the FDA regulatory environment and regulatory submissions
- Publication and presentation of scientific data
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!