BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
LOCATION: Seoul, Korea
Disclaimer: We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we would love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply and the moment we have a suitable position for your profile, the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is to monitor and control activities related to general accounting processing system(s) to assure accurate accounting reporting for IFRS and KGAAP and system controls for Sox and internal controls, encompassing two legal entities. Support and handle treasury activities such as communication with region treasury, working on local contracts and monitoring and forecasting cash flow.
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Responsible for timely submission KGAAP financials and managing external auditors.
- Timely schedule and engage external (external auditor) and internal partners (BCT, Finance Shared service, etc) for Internal control management (e.g. SoX, control navigator, IRI etc)
- Treasury management including banking, insurance and dividend.
- Engage finance shared service and IT proactively to support tax audit
- Responsible for the monthly cash flow preparation and submission
- Provide support on ad-hoc requests – according to the requirements, information is collected and analyzed to deliver additional non-standard details to partners (e.g. AEO, other information requests related financials from other functions such as legal)
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have a strong technical knowledge in KGAAP?
- Fluent in both English and Korean language
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 5 years of working experiences in related field.
- Experience dealing with external stakeholders especially external auditors
- Strong technical skills - KGAAP, IFRS, Controls
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, i.e. SAP/BPC
- Strong influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to simplify complex situations and synthesize, communicate, and present complex information
- Proactive, assertive, creative, and prepared to challenge existing ideas and ways of working.
- Must be able to operate effectively under pressure and in ambiguous environment.
- At least of bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience of external audit in audit firm
- Experience of working in FP&A and/or Commercial Finance department of a large global FMCG company
- Professional accounting qualification (KICPA / USCPA / CIMA / ACCA)
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.