Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC, USA
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Submissions, Analytical Services, Product Development, Clinical Studies
External – BAT OpCos, One R&D, Contract Research Organizations
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Collaborate with clients to design experiments, develop and review study protocol, statistical analysis plans, data collection tools, and determine appropriate sample sizes.
- Select appropriate statistical approaches and conduct statistical analyses to meet client and/or regulatory requirements. Develop and/or review tables, listings, figures and study reports.
- Communicate results via written reports, oral presentations, and meetings with key stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively with other statisticians and regulatory submission specialists to address regulatory and project-related statistical issues.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Graduate Degree in statistics or biostatistics: either Master’s degree with 1+ year relevant experience or PhD degree
- Proficient in statistical software (SAS, Stata, R, etc.) for data analysis (SAS preferred)
- Experience in the analysis of clinical, chemical, biological, pharmacokinetic and/or toxicological data
- Effective oral and written communication skills including technical writing skills
- Candidates not meeting elements of the above qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with a focus on timely and accurate completion of priorities.
- Familiar with statistical methods that apply to clinical trial design.
- Knowledge of CDISC standards (CDASH, SDTM, ADaM, etc) is preferred.
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional three percent to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees who elect the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counselling sessions, per issue, each calendar year for employees and their dependents
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment insurance of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Free confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health centers and 24/7 fitness centers at certain company locations
- A charitable giving matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care concierge service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Extensive training opportunities
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Mobile phone allowance for eligible employees
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (exempt employees may be excused with pay for brief absences; non-exempt employees receive up to 6 days)
- Vacation (levels Below Senior Director receive 15 days (pro-rated during first year of service); Senior Director and Officers receive 25 days (pro-rated during first year of service)).
- Holidays (Nine company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Paid Parental Leave + temporary reduced work schedule opportunity
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees who want to grow their careers. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email atTalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.